What is RPL for Australia
Rhineland-Palatinate The largest exhibit from Australia comes to the Roman exhibition
Exhibits are requested worldwide for the special show on the fall of the Roman Empire in Trier in 2022. A painting will travel the longest: it comes from Australia around 16,000 kilometers away.
Trier (dpa / lrs) - It is the work of art with the longest journey to the Rhineland-Palatinate state exhibition "The Fall of the Roman Empire" in Trier in 2022: Adelaide in southern Australia becomes the painting "The Darlings of Emperor Honorius" by the British Painter John William Waterhouse brought to Trier, as a spokesman for the state exhibition of the German press agency announced. The art collection "Art Gallery of South Australia" - around 16,000 kilometers from the exhibition site - is making the exhibit available for the large special show from June 25 to November 27, 2022.
The work of art will be on display in the Simeonstift Trier City Museum, which, along with two other Trier museums, is dedicated to one of the great puzzles of world history. The question is why the Roman Empire fell. According to the creators, it is the first time that this question has been investigated in an exhibition. More than 700 works of art from 130 national and international lenders made Trier “a temporary treasure trove”, said the spokesman.
The work of art by the painter Waterhouse (1849-1917) stands “for the thesis of the decadence of the Romans”. The painting refers to the tradition that the emperor only worried about the welfare of his favorite chicken Roma when he heard the news of the fall of Rome, it said. The British painter is one of "the most famous artists of academic realism".
At the exhibition, the Rheinisches Landesmuseum Trier takes a historical look at the fall of the Romans. The Christian view is taken over by the Museum am Dom, the cultural and historical perspective by the Simeonstift Trier city museum. The budget for the exhibition is around 4.8 million euros. The state of Rhineland-Palatinate, the city of Trier and the diocese of Trier are also involved.
Trier has made a name for itself as a location for large exhibitions on Roman antiquity. In 2007, a special show about Emperor Constantine the Great attracted thousands of visitors, and in 2016 there was an exhibition on the Roman Emperor Nero - with more than 272,000 visitors. Trier is the oldest city in Germany and was once the largest Roman metropolis north of the Alps.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210511-99-548224 / 2
- What kind of people use tinder
- What is the risk with Indian debt
- People live longer in cold temperatures
- What is communist party
- What is functional and non-functional test
- Is jesus the devil
- What is Christian Morality
- Why is this Diwali something special for you
- Why are there still old British laws
- Why do people lose their jobs
- Are young Turks religious
- What is Lassaigne's test
- How does pressure work
- How do we avoid chasing people?
- Liberals always lose
- How do I develop confidence while speaking
- What is a principle of the converter
- What are the provinces of British India
- Why not people like Cristiano Ronaldo
- Why was Bhagat Singh hanged
- What does salvation mean
- Why do people avoid relationships these days
- Are gorillas carnivores herbivores or omnivores
- What are the most common dental problems