Without God, atheism would exist
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Agnostics - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, of a god or of gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationally clarified or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic responds with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not exclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either do not belong to any religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to also serve to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now referred to as polytheists, new paganists or animists, for example.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of doctrine or prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- Why is society so obsessed with porn
- What did Romania do during World War II
- Is apathy worse than hate
- How do you form an ethnicity
- How do I become an Orthodox Brahmin
- Siblings can have different ethnic proportions
- What is special about Rajnikanth
- What is sanity testing and regression test
- Can we operate two demat accounts at the same time
- What did America benefit from World War I.
- FBI agents outperformed local police
- Why do people not accept spirituality so easily
- Will mumble rap by 2020
- 5G network will be so expensive
- Offers marine biology from Pondicherry University
- What is the full form of FIFL
- What do Indonesians think of New Zealand
- What are different types of frameworks
- Can homeopathy cure facial twitches
- What does the New Zealand flag mean
- All governments still use propaganda
- What is clam soup made of
- Has democracy already died?
- Why do we want to please everyone
- What should an ergonomic chair have
- How do I make cardboard waterproof
- What is a grade four grenade
- Is Vlad Tepes actually buried in Snagov?
- Why do F1 cars have an aerodynamic shape
- Why do prokaryotes have mitosis or meiosis
- Is it difficult to learn Vue js
- Which countries are neighboring countries in Romania
- Why is Israel against refugees