Which island would you not visit?
3 things for a lonely island: what to take with you?
What three things would you take with you to a desert island? This question is not that easy to answer, either in a group of friends or in an interview. One tries to choose three things that are as sensible as possible in order to banish boredom and of course to survive as comfortably as possible. But which answers to this question really make sense?
On a lonely island I take with me ...
The idea of landing on a desert island can be very tempting - provided it doesn't happen under the conditions like Tom Hanks in the movie "Cast Away". But why is this question actually being asked?
The sense behind this is on the one hand to pass the time with a fun mind game, for example on a cozy evening. Then it's all about which things are particularly important to you that you don't want to do without. On the other hand, it also serves to question exactly which three objects from our life we really need in the end to secure our existence. In this case, the subject is more practical. By the way, humans and animals are not allowed!
Practical & essential things
In order to answer the question as realistically as possible, one primarily looks at which objects would be most likely to survive on the lonely island. What do you need for hunting, making fire and what tools could you even use to build a small shelter?
- Swiss Army knife
- Flints (the good old lighter will run out at some point)
- Cord, rope
- Machete (who knows which animals live on the island)
- Tool case (if already, because already)
- Magnifying glass (yes, you can make a fire with it too)
- Gaffa tape
- Seeds of your choice
- Tiger balm (helps against inflammation and pain)
- cooking pot
- Water tank
- First aid kit
Dream beaches, palm trees and turquoise blue sea can mean paradise, but in the long run without any entertainment they can also somehow get boring. If we don't take the question “Which three things would you take with you to a lonely island?” Seriously, we can even assume there is electricity flowing on the island or at least solar-powered devices. Then you can take three of these things with you:
- Notepad and pen
- Instrument (preferably a guitar)
- Satellite phone
- favorite book
- E-book reader with 1000 books (even better)
- Laptop with internet connection
- MP3 player
- Solar flashlight
- Salt pepper
- Photo of your partner, friends or family
- Favorite cuddly toy
- A volleyball from Wilson
The island question in the job interview
In job interviews, the question about the three things for the desert island is often asked to check how the applicant reacts so spontaneously; so as a kind of stressful question. In principle, there is no right or best answer here, but it depends above all on the way you think about solving such a theoretical situation. So you don't necessarily have to list three things, you can also answer very cleverly, such as: "I would take a boat with me to go back."
It is better to keep the following sentences to yourself during the interview:
Can you think of any other, perhaps even funny, answers to the question "What would you take with you on a desert island"? Then please leave us your ideas in the comments. Other simple but fun games to pass the time are, by the way, "Would you rather ..." and our "either-or-questions"!
Image sources: iStock / anyaberkut, giphy
* Partner link
- Who is god based on hinduism
- Adolf Hitler was raised religious
- Is DC's Arrowverse series worth watching
- What does 999 9 mean for gold
- Need help improving SEO app
- How to cook crabs
- Is HTTPS really safe
- Human nature is cruel and selfish by nature
- Why did Pakistan see India as its enemy
- Why is a test a test
- Does Manipur really need AFSPA
- How is Mody University of Rajasthan
- What position does Chuck Schumer hold
- Which forex brokerage acts on their behalf
- How do I cancel
- Where can I watch Japanese dramas online
- Binary trading strategies for beginners
- Is India better than China at programming
- How can I stop hating my country?
- Is Russia a good country
- How can someone apply for a UK visa
- What were some atrocities that Nero committed
- Psychology Today magazine is believable
- What are the 7 sins