How does history come about?
Everything that happened before belongs to history. The word is related to "happened" as in "something has happened". But this story is different from a story that someone tells to entertain the others. Because a report on history should reflect as precisely as possible what happened earlier. However, the report cannot be completely precise or complete, if only because we no longer know a lot about the past.
The story describes how people used to live. Animals and plants and the earth also have a history; they have changed in the course of history. But then we speak of “natural history” or “earth history”. So our story only means the story of people. The earliest section is called prehistory, it is also called prehistory or early history. The real story begins with the invention of writing. This story is divided into three major sections: ancient, medieval and modern times. We live in the modern age.
Since history comes from "what happened", it can also mean something else that happened. When someone tells a story, it doesn't have to be important to many people. She can also tell of invented things. Here the narration is more important than the actual event, which is why it is also called a narration.
How can you find out something new about history?
Anyone who writes history is a historian. Historians, for example, are particularly good at this because they studied history at university. Historians are scientists who first ask themselves what exactly they want to write history about.
If a historian wants to write the history of the city of Berlin from 1970 to 1990, he is looking for sources, i.e. everything that can give us knowledge about history. He then looks for documents in an archive, talks to people who can still remember back then, reads old newspapers and so on. The more sources you have, the better. He then writes a report or an entire book about what the historian has learned about earlier.
The bust of Nefertiti is one of the most famous pieces in the history of art.
Photo as historical source: Chancellor Wilhelm Marx simply stands in line to vote.
History painting: Centuries later, an Italian painted how Cicero visited the tomb of Archimedes.
- How does JK Rowling pronounce Dobby
- Can an automatic watch last a lifetime
- How did the Walt Disney family die
- Salon is a reliable source of news
- What is the Maori word for unemployed
- Why is a single character in Unicode
- What is a true Christian denomination
- Which is the best NIT ranking
- What are the logical problems with libertarianism
- Why is Indian history so biased
- How's a script
- Can a core meltdown in nuclear power plants be avoided?
- Could the galaxies live
- Where does the word OM come from?
- Why is poetry often difficult to understand
- Which countries are in Vietnam's opposition?
- How was a Jimi Hendrix concert
- Why are school benches inclined
- How did Nero kill his wives
- Other geniuses find their careers easier than others
- Can convert NC to FIR
- Is IV therapy safe?
- What is precious metal trade
- Does the proofreading software work?