What religion condemns masturbation as a sin?
Masturbation (MasturbationSelf-defilement, ipsation, auto-eroticism, wrongly onanism) is the deliberate arousal of the sexual organs up to orgasm (with corresponding excretions), which a person undertakes on himself with the aim of arousing sexual pleasure.
The sexual pleasure sought for its own sake lacks "the sexual relationship required by the moral order, namely that which realizes the full meaning of mutual devotion as well as that of a really humane conception in real love" (CDF, explanation "Persona humana" 9 ).
The individual act of masturbation may not yet cause great harm, but it is predisposed to repetition (the fulfillment that the individual act cannot offer is sought in the accumulation) and thus to the addictive fixation on an immature sexual pleasure that is in the way of personality maturation stands.
Morally objective assessment
The Church's Magisterium in its long and constant tradition as well as the moral feelings of the believers have never hesitated to brand masturbation as a serious illegal act and violation of chastity, because "the freely willful use of sexual power, from which Motive whatever happens outside of normal marital relationships essentially contradicts his objective ”(cf. KKK 2352). Even Thomas Aquinas counted masturbation among the vices against nature. The freely willed "self-satisfaction" is in 1 Cor 6.9 EU (Pleasure boys) among the sins that exclude from the kingdom of God, in the same way, man excludes himself from sacramental communion up to the point of sincere confession.
Outside of the moral realm, orgasm lies in sleep (in men: Pollutio nocturna).
Morally subjective responsibility
A confessor must, in order to form a balanced judgment of the moral responsibility of those who fail to do so, and to direct pastoral care accordingly, consider affective immaturity, the power of ingrained habits, states of anxiety, and other psychological or social factors that lessen moral guilt or even restrict it to a minimum (KKK 2352). There is not always a serious guilt. In general, however, the absence of heavy responsibility cannot be assumed in advance. This would mean misunderstanding people's moral discernment. If a person does not get rid of masturbation, the confessor will still absolve the person in confession. Yes, he will even say to the person concerned that he does not always have to go to confession immediately if things go wrong again, but can - assuming repentance - receive sacramental communion.
Causes and how to overcome them
One of the causes responsible for the phenomenon of masturbation is the lack of equilibrium and equilibrium in the sexual area. Other causes or occasions are only of a secondary nature, even if they facilitate their occurrence or contribute to their continuation. Educational efforts must be directed towards these causes rather than directly combating or suppressing this phenomenon. Only in this way can one effectively support the development of the instinct in the young person, namely that inner maturation which leads him to a progressive mastery of his instinctual world, a progress which the just mentioned causes more or less try to prevent. Fear, threats or intimidation of a physical or mental nature do not help here. Rather, they favor compulsive states that put the sexual equilibrium at risk and fix the young person on himself instead of opening him up to others. As in other cases, success will depend on how well one becomes aware of the real cause of the disorder. This is the direction in which the educational effort should move.
An in-depth educator and counselor must endeavor to determine the causes of this aberration in order to help the adolescent overcome the immaturity inherent in this habit. The educator needs to know that masturbation and other forms of self-eroticism are signs of much deeper problems. These lead to sexual tension, which the person concerned seeks to resolve through the aforementioned behavior. Therefore, educational efforts must be directed more to the cause than to the direct suppression of such behavior.
In order to form an appropriate judgment in the practical pastoral care in the individual concrete cases, the habitual behavior of the people as a whole must be taken into account; and not only as regards the practice of love and justice, but also as regards concern for observing the special commandment of chastity. You will pay particular attention to whether you are using the necessary natural (e.g. no pork, moderation in food) and supernatural means (prayer and sacraments) that Christian asceticism recommends on the basis of its long experience in order to master passions and virtue to help progress.
In order to help the young person to be accepted into a community of love and to feel withdrawn from being included in their own self, the educator must "de-dramatize the fact of masturbation and not let up in showing respect and benevolence to the person concerned". He has to help him to classify himself socially, to open up to others and to be interested in them. In this way, the person affected can free himself from this form of self-eroticism and turn to a devoted love, which is part of a mature emotional life.
Assessment of masturbation to obtain semen
- August 2, 1929 Holy Office: Semen collection by directly induced masturbation is prohibited, whatever the purpose of the investigation (AAS 21  490; DH 3684)
Pius XII. (S. whether their intrinseca malitia is incompatible with the moral law)
John Paul II
please refer:Fornication, pornography
- ↑ from manu stupratio = violate with the hand or mas turbatio [K. Landauer]: Leonhard Weber in: LThK, 2nd edition, Volume 7, Col. 1157, Onanism: II. Masturbation.
- ↑ KKK 2352; Masturbation in the dictionary of Christian morals by Karl Hörmann.
- ↑ Masturbation in the Lexicon of Christian Morals by Karl Hörmann.
- ↑ vitia contra naturam (p. Th. 2 II q. 154 a. 11).
- ↑ K. Hilgenreiner in: LThK 1st edition, Volume 2, Col. 721 - Masturbation under masturbation. treated.
- ↑ noted: July 25, 1986 Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith: Not suitable as a theologianWho deviates from the Magisterium: "The various deviating positions that the Congregation does not allow, namely the right to public deviation from the Ordinary Magisterium, the indissolubility of the practiced sacramental marriage, abortion, euthanasia, masturbation, artificial contraception, premarital intercourse and homosexuals Actions were listed carefully enough in the July 1983 Notes above and have been published since then.
- ↑ Masturbation in the Lexicon of Christian Morals by Karl Hörmann.
- ↑Persona humana, No. 9; Human sexuality, truth and meaning, No. 103.
- ↑ cf. Persona humana, No. 9.
- ^ The teaching of Pius XII in La famiglia è la culla The specific sinfulness of masturbation does not concern morbid cases, but every laxist judgment (although, for example, ex imperfectione actus, especially during puberty, guilt can largely be absent): Leonhard Weber in: LThK, 2nd edition, volume 7, sp 1157, Onanism: II. Masturbation.
- ↑ 'Amoris laetitia' and the teaching of Kirchekath.net on November 28, 2016 by Prof. Josef Spindelböck.
- ↑Guiding principles for education in priestly celibacy, No. 63.
- ↑Orientation to education in human love, No. 99.
- ↑Persona humana, No. 9.
- ↑Orientation to education in human love, No. 100.
- ^ Leonhard Weber in: LThK, 2nd edition, Volume 7, Col. 1157, Onanism: II. Masturbation.
- What is the purpose of globalization
- Did the Soviet Union have a currency?
- Why is it forbidden for Palestinians to enter Chile?
- What is a telescope aperture
- Are Pakistani Punjabis more liberal than Muhajirs
- What is Common Indian Slang
- Are fingerprints a result of gene expression?
- Can a person have two Aadhar cards
- What is palm jaggery made of
- Which forex brokerage acts on their behalf
- How does Tata Motors recruit engineers
- Are Indians overwhelmed by modes
- What is Leonard Cohen famous for?
- What are some examples of economic cooperation
- Why does India need the Shudras
- How does the baggage claim work at airports?
- Is Bahubali an Aryan or a Dravidian
- What is the name of a young dog
- Need help improving SEO app
- What is a favorite kitchen appliance
- How powerful was Palpatine
- What is the Latin translation of wildflower
- Why are comics so popular
- What is Alberta 1