What is the deeper meaning of spirituality
Spiritual depth It is important to live spiritual depth in everyday life. It is important to bring spiritual depth into yoga practice and yoga lessons again and again. One of the most successful and popular seminars at Yoga Vidya is called "Bringing Spiritual Depth into Yoga Classes". It is a further training course for yoga teachers, you can find it on Yoga Vidya.
What is spiritual depth
When you meditate, don't just meditate mechanically. For example, read a spiritual book before meditation. Then sit down quietly, maybe sing "Om" and repeat a mantra. Sit motionless, breathe deeply and then - in order to come to the spiritual depth - become aware of the meaning and purpose of meditation. Say a prayer about devotion, and whatever your meditation technique, do it with depth and intensity!
When you practice Hatha Yoga, make yourself aware: Hatha Yoga is not only physical exercise, relaxation, coordination and body awareness, but Hatha Yoga also wants to bring you to your spiritual core. Be aware of the way in which you want to bring spiritual depth into Hatha Yoga. Maybe with Prana or by focusing on the chakras, maybe by activating Kundalini. Perhaps also through devotion to God, and by practicing the asanas, you are doing them as a full body worship of God. Or also from Jnana Yoga: You observe the body, you detach yourself from it and make yourself aware: “I am the immortal self.” Or practice the asanas as a means to bring the mind to rest and God at rest to experience.
Always bring spiritual depth into your practice. Do not rely on the mechanical performance of meditation, mantra chanting, or yoga practice alone to lead you to enlightenment. Keep thinking: "How can I bring in spiritual depth?"
Spiritual depth in everyday life
Of course, you can also bring spiritual depth into everyday life.
You can do that when dealing with your partner: You can meditate together, look each other in the eye, establish heart-to-heart connection, and divine love can arise from the love you have for one another.
If you go out into nature, you can bring spiritual depth to the walk too. Turn off the chatter of your mind for a few minutes and let nature work its magic on you. Feel mother earth and heaven, expand your heart. This will give your walk spiritual depth.
The same applies to housework: you can also enrich it with spiritual depth by offering everything to God. Realize that you are doing all of this for God. You make your apartment, your house, your room clean for God - it is ultimately God's abode. There are supposed to be spiritual vibrations there, so do it for God, and so you bring spiritual depth into it.
These are just a few examples. Basically you can give a spiritual depth to everything you do with mantra chanting and recitation, with prayer and awareness, with offering to God. What helps you to experience spiritual depth?
Video Spiritual depth
Short lecture video about Spiritual depth:
Author / speaker: Sukadev Bretz, founder of Yoga Vidya, seminar leader on the topics of yoga and meditation.
Spiritual depth audio lecture
Here is the audio track of the video above Spiritual depth :
Other interesting lectures and articles on the topic
If you are interested in Spiritual Depth, you might also be interested in Spiritual Partnership, Spiritual Masters, Spiritual Friends, Spiritual Instruction, Spiritual Power Place, Spiritual Growth.
- May 21, 2021 - May 30, 2021 - Yoga teacher training intensive C - Bhagavad Gita - Live Online
- Bhagavad Gita, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Hatha Yoga, teaching techniques, meditation, Sanskrit. Bhagavad Gita: recitation, treatment and interpretation of this "highest wisdom teaching". ...
- May 22, 2021 - May 29, 2021 - Special seminar Bhagavad Gita online
- This seminar is part of an intensive training course for yoga teachers. You deal intensively with the Bhagavad Gita: recitation, treatment and interpretation of this "highest ...
- May 28, 2021 - May 30, 2021 - Yoga in Silence
- Meet yourself and awaken your senses. A quiet, mindful and centered yoga supports you by closing your eyes or bandaging your eyes with a cloth, so that you can relax in the k ...
- May 28, 2021 - May 30, 2021 - Spiritual healing, mantra yoga and kirtan online
- The chakras as energy centers can be exposed to multiple disturbances, foreign energies and blockages. So that these energy wheels get back into motion, you will learn in this se ...
- 06.06.2021 - 13.06.2021 - Individual counseling in psychological yoga therapy
- Experience and promote spiritual growth. Psychological yoga therapy goes beyond symptomatic treatment. During this week you will practice people in one-to-one sessions with all instruments ...
- 06/11/2021 - 06/13/2021 - Trees in places of power
- Nature seminar at the Externsteine and places of power in the region Our surroundings have a major impact on our personal wellbeing. If we are in a good environment, then ...
- What are some depressing songs about life
- What are tips for working with rebar
- What do Americans prefer democracy or Trumpocracy
- Smoking weed can drive someone crazy
- Can a Muslim be a leftist
- Big business killed innovation
- Where should I learn Dutch in Bangalore
- Was Mao Zedong good or bad
- Socialists see libertarians as selfish
- What is prestigious Vanderbilt or Duke
- To which race do the Aryans belong
- What is communism in simple terms
- How great was Hitler as a leader
- Why should I visit Kaenguru Island
- What is sexual awareness
- Can I learn Oracle before Java C.
- Is the Vietnamese alphabet ugly
- What is India's role in SAARC
- There is a lot of TV broadcast in 4K
- Is Chattanooga TN a racist city
- Can a female deer have antlers
- How many wives did Arjuna have
- What is a nuclear detonation device
- What is Mahendra Singh Dhoni's brother doing