Is the global internship good or bad
Intern (m / f / div) "Global Commodity Markets"
The research center "International Financial Markets and Macroeconomics" of the Institute for World Economy is looking for the next possible date
an intern (m / f / div), full-time
for a data project on the topic "150 Years of Sovereign Risk: Lessons from Global Commodity Markets ". The student is actively involved in an ambitious, empirical research project that examines the relationship between commodity price developments, their dependency and the risk of default by countries. The preparation of data in Stata takes up a large part of this work.
1. What we offer:
- In-depth knowledge of data preparation, data processing and the creation of graphics and overviews using Stata
- Learning to work meticulously scientifically
- An open and international working environment in a group of highly motivated RAs and interns
- Participation in a variety of IfW lecture series, seminars and, by arrangement, participation in ASP courses and summer schools
2. What we NOT Offer:
- Preparing literature reviews or other writing activities
- Participation in day-to-day business, as is often the case in other companies
- Participation in other projects of the department or the IfW
3. What we expect (in descending order of importance):
We are looking for a Student
- with very good academic achievements (no worse than a grade point average of 2.5),
- Well-founded programming knowledge in Stata (or also Python, R, etc.), which ideally goes beyond the use of the static software by participating in a university course,
- who thinks analytically,
- who is involved in a project and can propose and implement their own ideas,
- who has experience in structured, independent and precise work,
- who is motivated and has fun working with data in Stata,
- who performs his / her tasks responsibly and reliably,
- has a good command of English,
- who is interested in the topics of international finance, international macroeconomics, international trade, development economics or international economic history.
4. Information on the application process:
Please apply online using the application form under the online job advertisement under the identification number: 04_20_Prakt_Commodity_02.
Please enclose the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter (please address all of the points mentioned under 3 and explain where you acquired your knowledge of the relevant software programs)
- Curriculum vitae (including the current overall grade)
- Overview of grades (for foreign degrees including the German grade equivalent. Please note that only documents in German or English are accepted. If the grading system differs from the German system, please determine the German equivalent based on the classification of an official website or institution)
- Certificates from completed internships, etc.
Please note that only complete applications can be shortlisted. If stated in the application, you can submit missing documents to our HR department at a later date.
The advertised internship is aimed purely at enrolled students who can present a valid certificate of study for the period of the internship.
The internship period is limited to three months. Shorter internships are possible in exceptional cases.
The submission of an application photo is expressly waived.
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact:
- What is a relaxing backend service
- Which animal has the most patience
- What is simplification in propaganda
- Celebrate Habib Fanny Eid
- Some people are more selfish than others
- What are some creative brunch recipes
- Is there any organized crime in Indonesia?
- Can a woman participate in ISRO
- Who are the brightest theologians
- How useful is quantum computer
- How long does a doctorate take
- How harmful is the use of caffeine during pregnancy
- Easy is the 10th French curriculum from CBSE
- Can self-discipline cure depression
- Can see rabbits in the dark
- Why is a piece so long
- Why is fascism a bad state
- There are shopping websites in Egyptian
- Films are too politically charged these days
- Which countries support North Korea
- Dirilis Ertugrul is popular in Turkey
- What is a nasal bone bolt
- How effective are political protests
- What is unique about Orthodox Jewish culture