What makes total sense to you
Can you find meaning in a meaningless job?
What could not be done with the time - devoting oneself to one's hobby, meeting friends, sleeping, doing other tasks such as whipping up the apartment / garden / basement ... but unfortunately she's calling again job. And that makes you so good no fun. What is the whole thing for - so completely without any prospects? Because of the money? And is it worth it? After all, we spend half of our lives at work. According to studies, however, more than half of German citizens are dissatisfied with their job. Terrifying! But how do you find (again) that Make sense of a seemingly pointless job?
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Crisis of meaning: life to work or work to live?
What for, what do we work for? Sure, most of them have a regular job to do theirs Livelihood to be able to deny. In short: you need the money. After all, you have to live on something, pay your rent, your insurance and your car ... We don't want to sacrifice our beloved amenities. So there are certain constraints.
On the other hand - and with a view to a working life of around 40 years - it quickly becomes clear: Money alone does not make you happy. On the contrary: Anyone who has pursued a job for 40 years that he or she only pursues for the sake of money is unlikely to become good at it or happy. Rather, it threatens a life in the hamster wheel, in which you drag yourself from weekend to weekend and from Monday blues to Monday blues.
For 40 years? The sheer horror! Life at least it works differently.
Accordingly, most people are not looking for just one sense in their work - they are also looking for Self-actualization, after personal growth, after Personality development and individuality.
But that is not so easy at all. Even more: It is uncomfortable because it forces us to constantly change - and also to adapt our job (if necessary) to this development. Job change Part of it as well as change of location and relocations.
We also have to decide again and again whether we are aiming for a classic, hierarchical career. Or rather pursue a specialist career and thus a so-called horizontal career plan.
The consequences are mostly Patchwork running tracks and breaks in the curriculum vitae that have to be explained again the next time you change.
After all: with the measure as the The world of work changed, the explanations become easier, the understanding greater, the change to normality.
What remains, however, is that Expectation of our activity, work and profession. And with it the potential of a veritable crisis of meaning.
Self-test: 12 signs that you don't like your job
Speaking of which: What about your job right now - are you happy with it? The following 12 statements can help you find out whether you like your job or not. The more you recognize yourself in it and nod inwardly, the worse the job ...
- The duvet gets stuck quite often. I'm just coming in time to work.
- Me horror Sunday morning before the new week and every day anew.
- I am frequent ill. I have more and more headaches, heartburn, stomach upsets and feel stressed.
- I like mine boss, not particularly my colleagues.
- I don't find any more challenges here. I am often terrible boringeven though I have enough to do.
- I get no recognition For my work.
- I see the salary as more personal injury compensation. It's the only thing that makes me work.
- I feel myself Overwhelmed: The boss assigns me tasks that have nothing to do with the original job description.
- I hardly think anymore time for family and friends or anything else after work.
- I can't get on with the job anymore identify: Neither with the company, the product nor the service.
- Actually, I even have this job not chosen by yourself, but was pushed in by my parents.
- I just think about them termination, but don't trust me.
Pointless job or more useful?
It of course depends on your own Endurance and tolerance for frustration depends on whether you want to change something or not. But strictly speaking, no argument is convincing enough to make you do a job not useful finds.
That's why there is one at the beginning central question: What do you want?
So what do you really want to do with your life? What goals do you want to achieve? And which occupation suits it?
Just because you are frustrated with your job is no reason for a (premature) termination. There are phases like this in every profession. What counts is the long-term perspective: where do you want to go? Will the current job fit in ten years from now - or is it more of a kind of bridging? For example, until the loan for the car is paid off or the children are out of the woods?
All of this can be completely legitimate and sensible - but you should make that decision deliberately to meet. With a plan and ulterior motive. The so-called 10-10-10 analysis help:
Maybe you just need a bit of motivation to do a professional dry spell to overcome.
Always realize that you always have a minimum of three options: Love it, leave it or change it - so: if your current job do not leave then check specifically:
What exactly annoys me about this work?
Find the appropriate elements and see: Can I change them? Ask your manager if he can give you new areas of responsibility can allocate. Sometimes a team change can also bring a breath of fresh air.
If that also ruled out, there is only one possibility for the time being so as not to completely despair: Love it.
You change something by changing yours Change Settings, accept the circumstances first of all. Give your job back sense back.
How exactly does it work? These ten tips can help you:
- Take things with a sense of humor. Sounds easier than done, but it really is: Being able to fool around with colleagues adds value to the work.
- Focus on the positive things. What goes well - be it friendships, family, hobbies, or maybe the fact that you can go on vacation. Give small things a chance, such as a colleague's smile or the short wait in line. Write down three things every day!
- Only drive at half power. Do not exhaust yourself so that you only have to recover from work in your free time. Instead, leave energy.
- Weight differently. When everyone expects that work should not only bring big money, but also incredible self-realization, then there is enormous pressure. Leave self-realization to your hobbies.
- Find allies. Do other colleagues feel the same way? Maybe you can turn a few screws in one place or another.
- Be grateful. Even if this job is totally boring: There are certainly millions of people who are worse off. Not only in the favelas of major Brazilian cities - there is also poverty in Germany. Gratitude isn't just a key to success - it also makes you happier.
- Create meaning yourself. Imagine what would happen if you didn't do this job? Whether as a sausage seller, geriatric nurse or clerk: Be aware of the interrelationships and how your work contributes to helping people.
- Stay optimistic. This job is only a temporary solution, it will also come to an end at some point. Don't block yourself by making yourself crazy the day before à la The day can only be terrible.
- Free yourself from the fear of unemployment. Fear paralyzes and maybe it is this view that makes you condemn your job? Apart from that, pause briefly: Which do you rate more strongly - freedom or stability, happiness or security?
- Reduce frustration through exercise. Honoring all of the positive thinking, but sometimes nothing helps, then a valve is needed. Exercise (exercise in general, running and walking in particular) is an excellent outlet. Adrenaline will be released and you will clear your head again.
Inventory: is it working?
Stand on crossroads? Have you tried to make your work meaningful, but with the best will in the world you can't imagine staying there until you retire? Then it's time to yourself New to orientate! It is never too late.
Make yourself clear:
Whoever fights can lose. If you don't fight, you've already lost. (Rosa Luxemburg)
Whoever knows when to fight and when not to win will win. (Sunzi)
You may have done this job for a while because there was no other way. That reason has disappeared, that is, now is the time to fight. Resignation is not an option. The above ten motivational tips can be a start if you want. Read them again.
You are the beginning of your next bigger project: the job search. They all condition each other. Anyone who approaches the matter negatively has already lost. If you waste all your energy on the job, you will not be able to think clearly when it comes to looking elsewhere.
Meaningful work also needs to be done
Of course that also needs one solid preparation. Especially if you are looking for a job alongside your current position. From protected position Looking around and applying for jobs also has advantages: It looks better on your résumé than unemployment and gives you time.
Clarify the following questions:
You should at least make ends meet for the transition period.
- What are my weekly or monthly expenses?
- What do I mean by quality of life?
- How much money do I need to maintain this quality of life?
What should meaningful work look like? Self-reflection is the order of the day.
- It should reflect you as a person. So: what makes you stand out? What makes you happy or also sad? What do you particularly like about yourself?
- It should reflect your interests. So: what are your values and norms? Which experiences have shaped you?
- You should be able to contribute your experience. So: what are your strengths and skills? Which of them would you like to implement in your work? What else would you like to expand?
- You should have challenges. So: are there opportunities to learn more? Learning through work also helps identify what is important to you.
You can implement a lot of this immediately.
- Keep your resume in tabular form up to date. Only starting when an interesting position has been advertised causes unnecessary stress and takes up valuable time.
- Do research. There are enough opportunities to look for jobs on the Internet, for example at Karrieresprung.de - our own job exchange with currently around 250,000 job offers. Or watch out for notices and daily newspapers.
- Expand your network. Go to events such as special meetings or bar camps and be inspired.
- Take a break. Sometimes you need a change of scenery to be able to rearrange yourself. New impressions on vacation and a clear head in a relaxed environment help.
- Educate yourself. What are you particularly interested in? Your interests may be linked to a new job. Or the other way around: Which jobs are you interested in, but you still lack the relevant knowledge?
You are not helpless! It is now up to you, one To make a decision. Can you come to terms with your current job? So all the better - then these points have obviously helped you to appreciate your work again and get one sense to recognize.
However, if after careful consideration you come to the conclusion that you want to change something, then it is important to Step by step proceed.
What other readers have read
- Why do people criticize the actor Imran Khan
- What kind of animals does horses eat
- Why is my perforated eardrum not healing
- Which shouldn't be normal in today's society
- What if Great Britain declared war on France?
- Why did Princess Diana divorce Prince Charles?
- How is the dating in Finland
- Can traditional Chinese medicine cure depression
- Which country did Narendra Modi visit
- Which countries in America speak French
- What would Assam be without Guwahati?
- How do pilots deal with turbulence
- What cultures use head shave
- Should I live in Chicago or NYC?
- Life is crap what's the point
- What are some delicious vegetarian recipes
- Narendra Modi believes in astrology
- Which states are in an area of the Union?
- How do countries solve abortion problems
- How is the dating in Austria
- Where can I learn to ride
- Can you separate a Paypal payment
- What do Catholics think of Protestant Christians?
- Why didn't the Romans attack India?
- Why do people avoid relationships these days
- Are arc welders safe
- How do countries solve abortion problems
- Why do people support biased media reports
- Is compulsory schooling an advantage for young children?
- Muslim girls from Mangalore are beautiful
- Why is Trump wrong with TPP
- What keeps people from writing
- Trump betrayed Hillary