Why do Kannadigas talk badly about Tamils
Tulu may become an official language in India
The local government of Karnataka, a state in southwest India on the border between Goa and Kerala, is committed to ensuring that the local Tulu language is recognized as an official language. Tulu is spoken by around 10 million native speakers, mainly in Karnataka and in a small part of northern Kerala known as Tulu Nadu. The Tulu language belongs to the Dravidian language family, which also includes other regional languages such as Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
Minister of Culture Umashree said that the government had already pushed the inclusion of Tulu into the eighth program of the constitution.
"Over the past month the Union Government has been collecting information that we are currently viewing and that will be broadcast soon," she told Mohiuddin Bava of the Indian National Congress.
The minister said the government is currently collecting information on Tulu speakers based on data from the 2001 census, and she was confident that parliament would respond positively to the people's request.
Bava said that Tulu has a history of over 2,000 years and those who speak the language are upset that it has not yet been recognized as an official language and are demanding that they be given that recognition.
Many linguists suspect that Tulu is one of the oldest languages of the Dravidian family, which developed almost 2000 years ago independently of its Proto-Dravidian roots.
Recently, however, Tulu has borrowed many words from the Kannada language, the official language of Karnataka. However, the two languages are not closely related.
Tulu is one of the most widely spoken languages and is not on said eighth program of the constitution, a list of the official languages in India. In general, when the speakers of a language are in a geographically contiguous area, they come together to form their own state and try to get the status of an official language. Since 2010, Tulu has been taught as a subject at a primary school in Coastal Karnataka.
- Are black surnames really slave names?
- What is a simple definition of engineering
- Kei Nishikori is highly regarded in Japan
- Why do people lose their jobs
- Why and how do BCAA preparations work
- Is a Haier AC better than Godrej
- What if bureaucrats rule the country
- Who tried to rule the world
- Why is my kitten dry
- Is it safe to fly over Pakistan?
- People from which countries are easily offended
- Why does Russia have a declining population
- Why was the television invented
- Why is world history important
- Why is Jio Phone 3 low
- What does independent mean in a dog
- What are some Android Studio alternatives
- Why are wheels not other forms
- Why do Hindi speakers leave Hindi
- What kind of sedimentary rock is chert
- Why do women stay with online shopping
- Where are the ABBA members now
- How incompetent is FSB formerly KGB
- Will 3B Karnataka falls under the OBC category