Is Angola communist
Angola is a country in southwest Africa. It is almost four times the size of Germany, but Germany has four times as many inhabitants. The capital is Luanda with almost seven million inhabitants. In the north on the Atlantic lies the small province of Cabinda. It also belongs to Angola, but is outside the actual country and is therefore an exclave.
Angola is in the tropics. While a lot of rain falls in the north and on the coast, the southwest is very dry and rather desert-like. In between there is a highland. Angola has a young population with many children and adolescents. The official language is Portuguese. Many native languages are also spoken. Half of the people are Catholics, but there are also many supporters of free churches.
The name of the country comes from the title "Ngola", which the kings of Ndongo carried. They ruled over one of the many empires in the Congo River area. It went down in the 16th century. At that time, the Portuguese landed on the coast and took possession of these empires. Angola was a Portuguese colony until the state became independent in 1975.
Immediately afterwards a bloody civil war began. Communist groups fought groups that sided with the West during the Cold War. The communist side was stronger, but the war didn't end until 2002. Since then, the former opponents of the war have participated in democracy. However, there is still a lot of corruption in politics.
Because of the civil war, there is little industry in Angola. However, the country has rich petroleum deposits as well as diamonds and minerals that are mined in the northeast. Angola is one of the countries that sell a lot of oil abroad, that is, export it. A large part of the population works in agriculture. They raise cattle and goats and cultivate fields. However, this is not enough for nutrition, so many foods have to be imported into the country.
There are also other search results for "Angola" from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- Why is my eye twitching
- Westerners beat their children
- What makes you sad about Pakistan
- There is fake news everywhere
- What are arrays and their types
- What does the Korean word oppa mean
- What is the slogan of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- What makes a country not democratic?
- How can I pass the Avaya 7893X exam
- Because peace is power necessary or not
- How do you avoid someone
- How do you relate to culture and the environment
- What celebrities in Hollywood have accepted Hinduism
- What are some of the funniest interjections
- Which is the best school in Badlapur
- Is globalism bad for politics?
- When are the bitcoins the lowest
- The US government owns the people
- Specific ENTP career suggestions
- Who is stronger Akainu or Shanks
- How to say beach in Arabic
- What is a good insulated water bottle
- What are the reasons for eye pressure
- IFLScience com is a fake news site
- What is the scientific name of Rose?
- What is your rating of Sadhguru controversy
- What is your favorite wild animal
- Are exporting producers paid
- Why did Eisenhower vote for the Republican Party?
- What's wrong with Kashmiri youth
- May people Jeremy Corbyn
- What's the best about testing tools
- How organized is Al Qaeda