What is a vehicle registration number
The VIN makes the car unmistakable
With the vehicle identification number, abbreviated to FIN, every car and motorcycle can be clearly identified. It is used by all manufacturers and has replaced the chassis number since 1981.
Every car and every motorcycle has an individual VIN
It can be found in the vehicle registration document and on the vehicle itself
The 17-digit serial number consists of three blocks
What is the VIN and what is it used for?
Until 1981 that wasChassis number the usual "ID" of a car. Since it was usually attached to a sticker in the engine compartment, manipulation was easy. Since then it has become the standard that aVehicle identification number also stamped into the sheet metal becomes. This procedure is more forgery-proof and makes it more difficult to resell stolen vehicles. And the new name is more precise because, since the 1930s, many cars have not had a separate chassis, but self-supporting bodies.
Where can I find the VIN of my vehicle?
If you want to check the VIN of your vehicle, you have several options. she stands in the registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration) and Part II (vehicle registration). And it exists "physically" and usually multiple timesat the vehicle itself - hence the old term chassis number - on the B-pillar of the door frame, i.e. between the front and rear door, in the driver's door, in the engine and trunk, under the bonnet or on the dashboard. On motorcycles and scooters, the VIN can be found on the steering head or on the fork under the fairing.
How is the VIN composed?
The17-digit VIN consists from three blocks: The first three digits (WMW) are theWorld manufacturer code and indicate in the example shown that the vehicle was built by BMW in Germany. The digits four to nine stand forvehicle description and are a key to the model, series, engine and vehicle type.
Positions 10 to 17 are manufacturer-specific and therefore contain different information. The automakers have details on this.
Sometimes people are tricked when selling a vehicle, especially when it comes to information about age, mileage and possible accidents. Everything you need to know about the actual age of a car can be found here.
* By clicking on the link you will be redirected to an external website, for the content of which the respective website operator is responsible.
How did you like the article?
- What are my treatment options for colon cancer
- Why is Infosys and Narayan Murthy being criticized
- Work tall growing drugs
- How do mussels taste
- Can I open a restaurant for 100,000
- What is important to enjoy life
- How can innocence affect human life?
- What would make Trump supporters less angry?
- What do you think of Islamic peace
- How common were mercenaries in ancient Greece
- What are the types of movies
- When is college debt too high?
- Why do people stop interacting with strangers?
- Are passport and visa the same
- Which is the best app for website downloading
- What keeps people from writing
- Feel alone as an INTJ
- When is an application cloud ready?
- NASA wasting money
- What is a famous helical cable bridge
- Which Castlevania game is the best
- Black money finances Narendra Modis's campaign
- What is potential energy
- Can the Toronto Raptors repeat themselves
- Does CouchSurfing really work in the US
- What are Indian girlfriends doing wrong
- What is the opposite of knowing
- How do I export handicrafts
- Who discovered China
- What is the opposite of natural selection
- Americans watch Korean dramas
- What is the treatment for postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Can someone briefly explain India's struggle for freedom?