What can cause astigmatism
What is astigmatism?
If the cornea of the eye is not evenly shaped, it is called astigmatism. This is not unusual, many people suffer from it, especially those who wear glasses. With a slight curvature of the cornea, the symptoms are sometimes so poor that no correction is necessary. However, those who are nearsighted or farsighted usually also have an astigmatism.
Signs and symptome
These symptoms indicate an astigmatism:
- Blurred or distorted vision near and far
- Blurred vision in the peripheral areas
- Blurred vision between horizontal and vertical lines
- a headache
- Tired, strained eyes
- Difficulty reading
- General fatigue, especially when working at the computer for long periods of time or when reading
What causes eggne astigmatism?
Astigmatism is usually congenital, but it can also result from an injury to the eye. As a result, the cornea and lens are no longer properly shaped and can therefore not focus the image on the retina.
This is how das eye
In order for us to see properly, four parts of the eye must work well together:
- TheCorneaand thelenson the front of the eye; they work like a camera lens and focus the light on the retina
- TheRetina(Retina) made up of light-sensitive cells in the back of the eye; it perceives light and color and converts them into electrical impulses
- TheOptic nervebehind the eye; it sends the electrical impulses to the brain
Cornea, lensand eye shape
If the eye is correctly shaped, the lens focuses the light entering through the cornea directly on the retina. With astigmatism, however, the cornea is irregularly shaped. Incident light is refracted in various directions and cannot be displayed correctly on the retina. The result: people see blurred or distorted.
How is a corneal vercurvature detected?
For eye health, it is important to have yourself checked regularly by an ophthalmologist. Astigmatism is also diagnosed here. Because it can be congenital, eye exams and eye tests are especially important for children. Untreated astigmatism can lead to sluggish eyes and not only impair the child's sharp vision at school. Adults should have their eyes checked at least every two years.
How is an Hastigmatism treated?
If the astigmatism is symptom-free, there is no need to adjust vision. In some cases, however, the impairment can be considerable, in which case it is important to have prescription lenses fitted by an expert. They compensate for the irregular curvature of the cornea and ensure that the image is created directly on the retina again. Contact lenses can also effectively compensate for astigmatism - however, children in particular should be made aware of the importance of adequate hygiene.
- Which country Indians prefer to work why
- Curiosity makes you smarter
- Why do poor countries stay poor
- What are some Recommended C-Dramas
- What makes pandora bracelets stretch
- How do people get credit card debt
- What is tense I love you
- United Airlines allows pets to fly
- Who will be the next best rapper
- Why does bright light hurt my eyes
- Who are famous people of Bihar
- Why did Pope Francis become Pope
- How do hackers find out passwords?
- Which is more beautiful Boston or Pittsburgh
- What is something unique in Chile
- What are the 7 sins
- Foresight is of course reversible
- Why can't India reduce imports from China?
- What are some diabetes friendly recipes
- IMessage reduces the photo quality
- Spaniards really do have a siesta
- Are political dynasties important
- How is life in Powai
- Censorship is decreasing in Myanmar
- Is Islam and terrorism linked
- What if Tamil Nadu Bans TASMAC
- Who gives you a reason to live
- What do you think of Pakistan 6
- What makes something objectively true?
- Why is fire blue
- How to write a business proposal
- Why do you like South India
- How effective is Donald Trump's logic
- Why did Germany not conquer Switzerland?