Monthly lenses are better than daily
A look at the benefits of monthly disposable lenses
The individual preferences of the people largely determine which rhythm is best for them. Daily, bi-weekly, and monthly lenses all have their advantages and disadvantages.
In this article we will help you get to know monthly lenses.
Are monthly lenses right for you?
Monthly lenses have many advantages:
Extended wear contact lenses
Some monthly lenses can be worn continuously for up to seven days without taking them out of your eyes.
Wearing contact lenses that are not approved for sleeping can be dangerous to your eyes, as the lenses do not get enough oxygen to your eyes. These hazards can include a corneal infection and corneal neovascularization, where blood vessels invade the whites of your eyes.
During the day, oxygen reaches the cornea through your open eyes. Monthly lenses and other contact lenses with extended wear periods are usually silicone hydrogel lenses, which have a higher gas permeability; they let five times as much or more oxygen through the lens than standard contact lenses.
As always, you should speak to your contact lens specialist before getting new contact lenses or changing your contact lenses.
Fewer lenses with monthly lenses
Monthly lenses can cost less overall than daily lenses because you have to buy fewer lenses. You don't throw them away every day, but once a month, so you only need 24 contact lenses a year. For the environmentally conscious contact lens wearer, this also means less waste.
In addition to letting in more oxygen to keep your eyes clear and white, the silicone hydrogel material in monthly lenses can also be more comfortable to wear. Your eyes can breathe better and still stay hydrated, a balance achieved through better contact lens technology.
Monthly contact lenses or daily lenses - the choice is yours
Your contact lens specialist will make sure that your contact lenses are the right power for your eyes and that they are adjusted accordingly so that both your eyesight and the health of your eyes are best preserved.
When it comes to contact lens schedules, choosing between monthly, bi-weekly, and daily disposable lenses is often a matter of personal preference, but your optician can also advise you on how to make the best lifestyle choices. He or she can also help you monitor your eyesight as you get used to a new type of contact lens.
Nothing in this article should be construed as medical advice. If you have specific questions, please contact your contact lens specialist.
- What shaped your political beliefs
- What point should a good government have
- What does Moa mean in Cantonese 1
- How many departments are there in Brahmins?
- How did the partition riots of 1947 begin
- What is the CMA course about
- Why is France so left?
- Which comics are considered literature
- How do you compliment someone in Pashto
- Why are there two pacific oceans
- Modi is the most derided PM of all time
- Is SRK a good actor
- Why do you love Indians so much
- Is the BJP government for the poor
- How did transhumanism get its religion?
- Where to find red foxes in Australia
- Love someone who normally hates you
- How do you change every day
- How do you overcome regrets
- Wealthy people play the lottery
- Why does bodybuilding get so much hatred
- Why was Abu Bakr elected first caliph?
- Can libertarianism lead to anarchism
- What are the highest quality cigarettes