Who discovered the human body?
Doctors discover a new "organ" in the human body
Humanity has been concerned with human anatomy for centuries. One would actually like to think that our body has no more surprises to offer. Now doctors have actually found a new "organ". Up until now it was only known under the name Interstitium.
More topics from the health department
Doctors at New York University School of Medicine made an incredible discovery: They discovered a new "organ" in the human body. It was actually known as the interstitium.
This so-called gap is much more than researchers previously thought. Originally, they assumed that the interstitium is just an area between the organs that is filled with tissue or cells.
With the help of in-vivo microscopy and so-called confocal laser endomicroscopy, they have now found a network of broad, dark and branched bands in this space, which encloses space-covering spaces filled with fluorescein.
The system can be understood as an independent organ. The doctors published their results in the journal "Scientific Reports".
Network can provide information about cancer metastases and edema
The interstices have no apparent connection with any structure previously found in the human body.
Although endoscopists have indicated that the network they found could well be capillaries or the like, none of the suggestions can explain the dark bands and light, fluid-filled spaces.
The network itself is dynamically compressible and stretchable, allowing fluid to flow through the body. Doctors suspect that it could act as a shock absorber in the human body. The fluid in the interstices can also provide important information about the function and pathology of tissue.
Doctors have found the networks in various organs and tissues, such as the tissue layer of the entire digestive system, the bladder, and the connective tissue of arteries and veins of all sizes.
The bright spaces have not yet been discovered, because when samples were taken, the tissue was treated in such a way that the anatomy of the structures was no longer visible.
These anatomical structures could provide doctors with important information about cancer metastases, edema, fibrosis and the mechanical functions of many or even all tissues and organs, among other things.
- What is the future of West Bengal
- Why did India leave RCEP
- Why is Alcoa stock falling
- Why do people hate the word funner
- How is Mach1 Broadband in Kalwa
- Which celebrity do you respect the most
- How many people speak Nahuatl
- Which PayPal scams are you aware of?
- What color is graphite
- Are left or right wing feudalists
- Why do people stop interacting with strangers?
- There are crocodiles in Perth, Australia
- Why does bodybuilding get so much hatred
- What do you cook with mushrooms
- Second lieutenants have guns
- Should Portland take action against anti-fascist organizations
- What's your favorite Arrowverse series
- What is a dental contact lens
- How can I meet Mukesh Ambani
- How to get from Kodaikanal to Munnar
- How do I download Kannada novels
- Are Lithuanians friendly to immigrants
- Can we relate Trump's support and Islamophobia?
- Is Donald Trump really against LGBT