Why do Protestant evangelical churches not have nuns?
Are there also Protestant orders and monasteries?
Yes, there are also Protestant and spiritual communities that are equal to the traditional Catholic orders. The most famous Protestant order is probably the Order of St. John, which has meanwhile built up an extensive network of assistance.
Just as deeply rooted in evangelical piety are the so-called deaconess and deacon associations or houses, which take on many social services and also join together to form spiritual communities.
Spiritual communities of the stricter observance (i.e. those who take the three classic vows - the so-called evangelical counsels - poverty, chastity and obedience) and those with more open forms of participation can be found largely completely on the EKD homepage (www.ekd.de).
The EKD recently published a short text on the subject of "Living Bindingly", the preface of which was given by the Chairman of the EKD Council, Bishop Dr. Wolfgang Huber, shows the occasions and reasons for these mental movements in brief lines.
The question was answered by Oberkirchenrat Dr. Thies Gundlach, Head of the Preaching, Church Services and Works Department in the Church Office of the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD).
- Is gypsum an igneous stone
- Why do small dogs lick so much
- How many stations are there in London
- Was John F. Kennedy a psychopath
- Why should i use node js
- Which water is used for the inverter battery?
- Americans are more diligent than Indians
- Can PCM students become CA after 12 years
- What is the value of good journalism
- What do you think of Balochistan
- What show can I see now
- Is acne unattractive to adolescent boys
- Why does money rule society?
- How can I get research problems
- Eating beetles at night
- What is the full form of ISI
- How do I manage cPanel
- How many calories are there in a pastry
- How can I become a good copywriter
- Is philosophy possible without a philosopher
- Kei Nishikori is highly regarded in Japan
- How does a plane crash?
- What is foot binding
- Is there equal justice under the law?