How many eye colors are there
What eye colors are there?
Generally the following four eye colors differentiated: blue, gray, green and brown. These colors adorn the human eye in different color intensities. This means that there are, for example, people with light brown eyes and others with dark brown eyes. The same goes for the other three eye colors. In addition, the eyes of some people shine in mixed colors, such as gray-blue, green-brown and blue-green. But what eye colors are there and how often?
Statistics say that around 90% of the world's population have brown eyes. This makes brown undoubtedly the most common eye color. Rare eye colors on the other hand are green and blue. The rarest eye color is green. Only 2% of people are green-eyed. A blue eye color is also rather unusual. In contrast, gray eyes and eyes in mixed colors take second place on the frequency scale.
Why are there different eye colors?
The part of the human eye that shines in one of the colors described is called the iris or rainbow skin. The pigment melanin is responsible for the color of the iris. This is a brown dye in the iris tissue, the amount of which is decisive for the color of the eyes. If there is little or very little melanin, it is referred to as weak or low pigmentation. In this case, the eye color is blue. With slightly more pigmentation, a person's eyes appear green or gray. A particularly strong pigmentation ensures the brown eye color.
What does the eye color say?
Often people ask themselves: What do eye colors say? Many esotericists and researchers are concerned with the question of whether the eyes and their color reveal something about the human being, his character and his inner life. Something important can be noted here: Since the eye color is determined by the genes, it actually has no influence on the character of the person. Nevertheless, it has been scientifically proven that the characters of people with different eye colors are different. This can be explained by the fact that eye color is genetically linked to some character traits.
So, what does eye color say?
- It is often said People with brown eyes be very personable, open-minded, honest, loyal, independent and creative.
- Blue-eyed people are considered seductive and romantic, peace-loving and friendly.
- People with green eyes on the other hand, it is said that they are mysterious and closed.
- Not infrequently it is said People with gray eyes are not easy to assess. Most of the time, they seem very rational and serious and hide their true feelings from those around them.
However, the character attributions shown should by no means be overestimated. Even if eye color is linked to character in some way, there is much more to a person than just their eye color.
Image source: pixabay.com
Gray eyes: By Nether Animal (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Eye colors overview: by LeuschteLampe (self-photographed) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
- How many billionaires does Brazil have
- Why don't I get a headache
- Do narcissists really care?
- Where is Durga Puja celebrated in Pondicherry
- What if Albania were still communist?
- Will win Mamata Banerjee in 2019
- What is your favorite Mac flowchart software
- Where should I buy furniture in China
- Are political dynasties important
- Who are John Abraham's parents
- Does Trump ever write his own speeches
- All western countries have eyesore laws
- Which air miles program is best
- How do I write books full time
- How do nuns satisfy their sexual desires
- Aren't we all selfish
- Luxury watches have a high durability
- Hitler's Jewish problem was invented
- There are 2 air forces
- Shiv Sena is a national party
- Who will lead BJP by Modi
- Can an eye transplant cure night blindness
- Where was Babruvahana in the Mahabharata
- What are the characteristics of Praerien