How many films did Shah Rukh Khan complete
Bollywood legend Yash Chopra has died
"He was an institution in the Hindi film industry, a guru for filmmakers like me," says director Subash Ghai of his late colleague.
Bollywood director and producer Yash Chopra is dead. At the age of eighty he succumbed to dengue fever in a hospital in Mumbai on Sunday.
Only in this year he had finished his last film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (Eng. "As long as I live") - with Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan (46) in one of the leading roles. A month ago the director announced that he would retire afterwards.
But Chopra could no longer enjoy his retirement.
The virus disease dengue fever, which is transmitted in tropical areas like India by a mosquito bite, led the filmmaker to multiple organ failure and thus to death, as a hospital spokesman confirmed to the "Times of India".
Chopra made over 50 films in his career, which lasted over half a century! Including some of the greatest Bollywood film classics, such as "Kabhi Kabhie" (Eng. Sometimes), "Chandni" (Eng. Moonlight) and "Lamhe" (Ger. Moments).
Indian screen stars like Shah Rukh Khan or Amitabh Bachchan (70) owe their careers to the old master. He built it up with his films.
Chopra began his own career as an assistant director in the film productions of his older brother B.R. Chopra. At the age of 27 he made his own films, with which he won numerous prizes - including eleven of the coveted Indian "Filmfare Awards"! In 1973 he founded his own production company with Yash Raj Films.
Like so many Indian directors, Chopra shot many of his films in Switzerland - because of the picturesque setting. After all, the Swiss even named a mountain lake after him: Lake Chopra.
Yash Chopra was also a guest in Berlin once, as a jury member at the Berlinale 2006.
Chopra's last film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is due to hit the cinemas in India in November - a fixed date for all fans of the film legend.
- What are the field hockey positions
- Which new cars come without a spare wheel?
- We are obliged to love our country
- Is Asia Bibi Pakistan's Dreyfus Affaere
- What happens in a nuclear reaction
- What lives like in Post Mugabe Zimbabwe
- How did you learn Malayalam
- What are some libertarian news agencies
- Cats can sense a bad mood in humans
- Which Indian Ecommerce Companies Are Using Shopify
- I find it difficult to get an answer to internships
- Is NCIS better than CSI
- Is anarchism bad why or why not
- What is the coolest browser
- How can we avoid debt
- How can I prove to my legal heirs
- Why are gemstones so valuable
- Will Turkey split up?
- Are male lions abusive towards their female lions
- What did India achieve in 2018
- Which is the best Indian language
- Psychology Today magazine is believable
- Feel girls orgasm by sucking eggs
- How are we going to beat China in technology