What is a republican
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Re | pu | b | li | ka | ner, Plural: Re | pu | b | li | ka | ner
- IPA: [ʁepubliˈkaːnɐ]
- 1) Politics:Supporter of the form of government of the republic
- 2) Member or supporter of the American "Republican Party"
- 3) Member or supporter of the German party "The Republicans"
- borrowed in the 18th century from synonymous french républicain
- 1) monarchist
- 2) Democrat
- 1) “In the world political moment that forces England, America and France to reverse or revise their policies, only a new Germany and not an old empire with a republican company can achieve something for us. In today's Germany, however, it takes more courage republican to be a monarchist. "
- 1) “The final victory over the Spaniards came on June 24, 1821, now they took republican also Caracas. "
- 2) The republican Richard Nixon is the only President of the United States to date to step down from office.
- 2) “Bloomberg was once launched in 2002 as a republican elected to the town hall, at the end of his term of office in 2013 he had been non-party for a long time and has been a registered democrat again since October 2018. "
- 3) “The Federal Chairman of the Republican, Rolf Schlierer, spoke of a "starting signal for cooperation between democratic patriots in a Europe of fatherlands". "
- Nominative: singular republican; Plural republican
- Genitive: singular Republican; Plural republican
- Dative: singular republican; Plural Republicans
- Accusative: singular republican; Plural republican
- English: 1) republican; 2) Republican
- French: republicain (male); 3) Républicain (male)
- Greek (new): ρεπουμπλικάνος (republikános) (male)(Female)
- Kurmanji: 1) komarparêz (male); 2) Komarparêz (male)
- Swedish: republican (Utrum)
- Spanish: republicano (male)
- Turkish: cumhuriyetçi
Similar words (German):republic
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Democrats and republican argue on the backs of state employees.“
sueddeutsche.de, January 17, 2019
„Final spurt before the US congressional elections: Democrats and republican give everything.“
Epoch Times, November 4, 2018
„Suddenly they have it republican very difficult to whip through her favorite candidate for the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh.“
BILD.de, September 24, 2018
„The republican under Trump have taken the power game in the US to extremes. Which strategies the Democrats are now discussing.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, October 4th, 2018
„Why are the midterm elections so important? And what tricks do they try republican to win? An analysis in graphics.“
Spiegel Online, November 6, 2018
„The republican wants to secure 'the American superiority in space'.“
digitalfernsehen.de, December 22, 2019
„Democrats and republican different positions.“
SRF, April 30, 2020
„The republican in the US Senate have submitted a bill for a police reform.“
dradio.de, June 17, 2020
„The republican to wander through the election campaign. Even the planning for the party congress is chaotic.“
Telepolis, August 6th, 2020
„At the party congress of republican also push the President's children into the spotlight.“
DiePresse.com, August 25, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary that contain "republican":
Seat: ... the war chiefs and deposed them. 5) The first thing to do was to remove the coterie of the bourgeois republicans who still held the seats in the National Assembly ...
republic:… 1) living in a republic Derived words: Banana republic, republican, republican, soviet republic Translations Arabic: 1) جُمْهُورِيَّة…
Faroese: ... at least thinks Magnus Magnussen, chain dancer and inhabitant of the Faroese archipelago: "As a Republican you are on the other side, aren't you?"
French Revolution: ... Meaning of the word / definition: 1) historical period between 1789 and 1799 in France, in which the republicans overthrew the monarchy.
nectar:… Laughing nymph dance, music and comedies - don't be angry about that, you virtuous republicans! In response to your censorship reproaches, we will reply to you, what a fool of ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Republicans" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (21.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Republikaner/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Republicans (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Re | pu | b | li | ka | nern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Republican (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Re | pu | b | li | ka | ners Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Republics (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Re | pu | b | li | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ʀepuˈbliːkn̩]…
Escape from the republic (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular republic flight; Plural republic escapes genitive: ...
Republic escapes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Re | pu | b | lik | curse | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Republic refugee (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular republic refugee; Majority of republic refugees ...
Republic refugees (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: New spelling: Re | pu | b | lik | flücht | lin | ge Alte…
Republic refugees (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: New spelling: Re | pu | b | lik | flücht | lin | gen Alte…
Republic refugees (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: New spelling: Re | pu | b | lik | flücht | lings Alte…
Repugnance (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular repugnance; Plural repugnanzen genitive: singular ...
- Are New Balance shoes good
- Can Congress overturn Trump tariffs?
- Is Israel an apartheid state 3
- What are the best modern western films
- Can we relate Trump's support and Islamophobia?
- Who owns the airports in Canada
- Why do INTPs communicate so vaguely
- What point should a good government have
- Why are inner cities being abandoned
- Do highways have positive or negative effects on cities?
- Can cats smell diseases?
- What is meant by a presidential democracy
- Which is the strongest volt or watt
- Who is the Ahmadiyya community
- Did the apostles completely abandon their families?
- Can Vietnam liberate China
- How does a majority shareholder get money?
- How could I invest in stocks?
- What is compressibility and expansion coefficient
- How can someone be sarcastic
- Why do some animals abandon their offspring
- Your parents hit you
- How to run an investment club
- What are examples of brand equity
- What makes honey taste like honey
- The earth belongs to Christ
- Are liberals and conservatives political bigots
- Catholics really pray to angels
- What are chocolate chips
- Is Tokyo a city
- Should a dermatologist marry a dermatologist
- What are the sources of ethics
- Why are Indians so rigid to change
- What does teaching mean