What are some styles of clothing for men
The sociologist Barbara Kuchler has called on the fashion industry to harmonize clothing for women and men. Either "potato sacks for everyone" or tight, body-hugging clothes for all genders are needed.
"Women have the main social responsibility for looking good," criticized the scientist from Bielefeld University on Thursday at a panel discussion on the subject of gender relations at the 37th German Protestant Church Congress in Dortmund. Either "potato sacks for everyone" or tight, body-hugging clothes for all genders are needed.
Kuchler: abuse is "partly with the woman"
At the same time, Kuchler criticized women who "very willingly" participate in a social system in which more attention is paid to women’s appearance. When women put on make-up, plucked their eyebrows and wore tight clothing, they shouldn't be surprised "when they are looked at and there is burial," said the scientist. The fact that men perceive a miniskirt in a certain way cannot be blamed for them.
Of course, men should "have their hands under control," said Kuchler. But it is "sociological window dressing" when a woman demands to be judged only on her performance when she comes to the office dressed up. The responsibility for abuse lies "partly with the individual woman," she said.
Criticism: Potato sacks do not prevent sexual violence
Objections came from both the audience and the other panelist Kristina Marlen. The sex worker and physiotherapist said it was wrong to try to "de-sexualise public space".
Female sexuality is always censored first, criticized Marlen. A woman who says "no" and rejects herself morally is still easier to think than a woman who expresses her sexual desires. If everyone appeared in sacks of potatoes, it would not prevent sexual violence, she said. The only reason women are not taken seriously at work is that they are generally not taken seriously.
- What are your traditional Labor Day activities
- How do Albanians feel about Skanderbeg?
- Will McDonalds ever sell Pepsi?
- How do internet browsers actually make money?
- What is a study permit
- Is it worth buying a Keventers franchise
- Can marriage be saved spiritually?
- How does the iCloud keychain work
- Have you met any rude Filipino celebrities
- Do rainbows actually contain the color purple
- How is culture influenced by language
- Did you always know you were adopted?
- What makes honey taste like honey
- What are some examples of hypocritical people
- What are quoras demographics
- How did Donald Trump win Florida
- Why is Julian Assange Pro Trump
- What are bad career choices for ENTPs
- Why is Germany spying on Israel?
- Can we ask spirits for our help?
- What is SIC code
- Why does English not have case markers
- What is the easiest plant to grow
- How do you raise children with character