The top 10 frameworks and what tech recruiters need to know about them
Since programming and the development of applications are becoming more and more sophisticated and complex, developers are expected to do much more than just master the programming languages. You need to understand the frameworks that make it easy to build applications in these languages.
A framework is a set of tools and functions that serve as a platform for creating a full-fledged application. There are a few tasks that appear in every app. These are, for example: input, display rendering and error handling. Frameworks handle such functions so that developers can focus on solving the problems associated with their specific domain. However, a framework is a broad term - different frameworks do different things.
You can compare other technologies in the free tool. All technologies tagged on Stack Overflow are included here.
In the graphic above you can see the change in the use of tags in Stack Overflow for the ten frameworks mentioned below over approximately ten years. The popularity of frameworks rises and falls as new frameworks are created and old frameworks are replaced with new ones.
Today we introduce ten of the current and popular frameworks.
Django is a fully Python-based web framework originally developed in 2003 by web programmers for a newspaper in Kansas. Because it is free, it has been very popular. Thanks to its modular design and sophisticated component system, it simplifies a lot of common web development tasks - including serialization of data, caching and authentication. It covers the whole area of web development, but can only be used as a backend.
Laravel is a free, open source PHP-based web framework that was developed about eight years ago. It was originally based on Symfony and was created to fill in the gaps in functionality that Taylor Otwell found in the CodeIgniter Framework. It offers expanded support for things like authentication, interaction with relational databases, and dependency management. With a modular packaging system and many additional tools and applications that support the system, Laravel offers a complete stack framework that makes development noticeably easier.
Ruby on Rails
While most of the frameworks discussed here are built on web-first programming languages, Spring is a framework for Java that can be used as part of a web application or a native desktop or mobile application. It manages low-level operations for complex applications such as dependency injection, database interactions and transaction management and at the same time facilitates the modularization of the code with so-called aspect-oriented programming. While Spring can be used with any Java application, it is often included in backend web applications.
Microsoft created ASP.NET with open source support to create the successor to Active Server Pages (.asp). Instead of being based on a single language, ASP.NET can run on any language that uses .NET. So it's a strong back-end framework for companies that use a Microsoft stack (like us). Because it's made up of compiled languages, it's fast and scalable.
There are tons of other frameworks out there as well as popular non-framework libraries (yes, we think of you jQuery!) So please don't see this list as exhaustive. But it should give you a good overview so that you can talk a little more on an equal footing with candidates and HR managers in IT.
- What happens to Trump supporters
- Acharya Nagarjuna University is recognized by the UGC
- Commercial real estate What are 1031 Boersen
- What is 2469 0
- Is 2Pac a rapper or a gangster
- Which is the biggest city of Karnataka
- White lemon and baking powder on the teeth
- How long does the Brazilian Carnival last
- Where do nuclear technicians work
- Is geoengineering worth the risks
- What is the African economic system
- How many departments are there in Brahmins?
- What is PODI in the farmland of Karnataka
- Can someone give someone a stroke
- Do mermaids really exist?
- Can I open a restaurant for 100,000
- What were Hitler's main beliefs?
- What is dialectical thinking
- Can we harvest methane from permafrost?
- Which Indian state represents the real India?
- Harry Styles went to jail
- What is an emotional connection
- What are some facts about Beethoven's sonatas
- How secure is HTTPS than HTTP