Can organic farming be practiced in conventional farms
Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food
Organic farming is a particularly resource-saving and environmentally friendly form of agriculture that is based on the principle of sustainability. The main idea is to do business in harmony with nature. Organic farming helps to preserve ecosystems and biodiversity, protect the soil, keep the water clean and the pollution low. Germany is the largest market for organic food in Europe.
Source: goodluz - Fotolia.com
The BLE performs various tasks within the framework of EU legislation for organic farming. This includes the approval of organic inspection bodies and inspectors who monitor compliance with the legal requirements for organic production. As the authorizing authority, it is also involved in the assessments of the control bodies, which are carried out annually as part of the accreditation according to the DIN EN ISO / IEC 17065 standard.
On application, the BLE issues temporary permits for the use of conventional ingredients of agricultural origin in exceptional cases. It collects data for statistical reports to the EU Commission and the other member states. Another important responsibility of the BLE is the registration and advice of companies who want to use the organic seal for their certified organic products.
Federal program for organic farming and other forms of sustainable agriculture (BÖLN)
The BMEL initiated the federal organic farming program in order to permanently improve the framework conditions for the expansion of organic farming. In 2010 the federal program was opened to other forms of sustainable agriculture.
The BÖLN office is located in the BLE. She is responsible for information measures in the field of organic farming and sustainable agriculture. An essential information measure of the BLE on organic farming is the operation and continuous further development of the internet portal www.oekolandbau.de, which offers information on organic production and processing for all stages of production.
Another focus of the BÖLN is on research funding, the development of new technologies and the transfer of knowledge gained into practice. On behalf of the BMEL, the project management agency BLE oversees research and development projects as well as knowledge transfer projects in the fields of organic farming and sustainable agriculture.
to the top
- Withdrawal, from which drugs can be fatal
- Is blue topaz really valuable
- 2 days is enough for Bangkok
- What helps in stock trading
- How are human rights determined
- Was M K Gandhi a Gandhian
- Why did the Jews leave Israel?
- Do you like to live in Hawaii?
- Stock options or phantom stock in India
- Is there freedom without order
- Most vegans die of heart attacks
- Why didn't the Romans attack India?
- Why is Arvind Kejriwal so often criticized
- Will the GST affect our salary
- Why is Ishai called Christian in India
- Why is Alcoa stock falling
- A taco qualifies as a sandwich
- Where does Shiraz wine come from
- Why is INFJ the most brilliant MBTI
- Why is Big Brother TV series popular
- How can I convince my father
- How much do IVF drugs cost
- How difficult is an MBBS in India
- Which place is better DC or Philadelphia