Why were monasteries founded?
With the Templars, Hospitallers and the German Order The orders of knights also settled in Westphalia. Why in Westphalia? Branches of orders of knights were not only established in areas where the Crusaders fought with infidels. Houses of the various orders of knights sprang up all over Europe; they served to support, organize and finance the tasks of the order. At the beginning of the 13th century, the first Westphalian settlement of the Johanniter was established in Burgsteinfurt (first mentioned in 1222). The Teutonic Order also founded Westphalian branches in Wellinghofen (Dortmund, later relocated to Münster), Welheim (Bottrop), Mülheim (Warstein), Brackel (Dortmund) and Osnabrück (Order Province of Westphalia), which took care of the fighting Brothers in the Crusader States should secure.
A social and economic change characterized the 12th and 13th centuries, which is also known as the century of the cities. The newly emerging mendicant orders, like them, settled in the cities Franciscan, Dominican or Augustinians-Remites at. In contrast to the older orders, they are more oriented towards the world and concentrate in their activities on school, study, preaching, pastoral care, nursing and begging. The order of the Franciscans goes to St. Francis of Assisi (1181 / 82-1226), who lived with some companions at the beginning of the 13th century according to the principles of poverty, penance and seclusion. The focus of the finally developing Franciscan order lies in the urban pastoral care.
In 1232 the Franciscans also settled in Paderborn. In the turmoil of the Reformation, however, the monastery went under, the monks gradually left the city from 1530, and the Jesuit took their place in Paderborn. In the 17th century, there was ultimately great resistance in Paderborn to the establishment of a new monastery by the Franciscans of Stricter Observance.
- Should I even play solitaire?
- What are some examples of incremental innovation
- What happens during psychiatric treatment
- Will science discover the place of God
- Do you understand Kant's philosophy
- Can you be a philosopher without realizing it
- Should Saudi Arabia host the 2028 Olympics
- How rich people make real friends
- Do Christians have pity on people of other religions
- How can I improve my life
- What are payment gateway services
- How are Mandarin tones retained in songs
- Is propaganda a negative form of communication
- Can a vegetarian burger taste really good?
- How can I be a selfish person
- Are Pakistani Punjabis more liberal than Muhajirs
- What's your favorite neighborhood in Newark
- Why do some people hate Karan Johar
- Why do people hate hate comments
- Why did Queen Isabel fire Columbus
- What is good historical music
- How did you develop your accent
- How was a Jimi Hendrix concert
- What is a check no