What is more complicated than humanity
"The world tends towards complexity"
Will the smartphone remain our “favorite toy” in the future?
Gatterer: The smartphone can do a lot that digitized glasses or a smartwatch cannot offer in comparison. I can operate it well by hand. With glasses, operation via the eyes becomes more difficult. The interface between us and technology will probably remain the hand in the longer term. In this respect, the smartphone is only one can only understand what is happening through observation and not judge too quickly. very practical. It is conceivable that we will break away from the smartphone in the long term, for example when we have stored our data in such a cloud-based manner that we can access it completely independently from any device, no matter where we are. But this is not yet routine and will not be possible in this form for many years to come, so the importance of the smartphone will continue to be maintained. However, it gradually loses its status factor. You can already tell that the hype is no longer so great when a new smartphone comes out.
What advice do you give young people as to where they should orientate themselves professionally?
Gatterer:From a purely functionalist point of view, the answer should be: care area, mechatronics, IT, etc. I don't want to offer this access. It is essential that you try early to find out what touches you and what moves you. Much more important than what to do is why you want to do something. Why do I want to learn that, where do I go, what interests me, what is easy for me to do. Everything I know about myself, my talents, my inclinations, will help me in choosing a career. In a world in which new jobs are created practically every year, my future job may not even exist. So I have to take a different approach, namely: “Why do I care?” We should trust our kids relatively early on that they can build up a feeling for themselves.
What do you want from the future?
Gatterer:I find it difficult to make wishes: I find the world we live in extremely exciting and I wish that my job will enable me to continue to observe this world. If I could wish for something for society, it would be that you evaluate something less quickly and observe more. Because it is only through observation that one understands what is happening and does not judge prematurely.
The interview was conducted Beate Kreuzer for the 01/2017 issue of Audi MAGAZIN Austria.
- Can Indian women get divorced from their husbands
- What celebrities are really timeless
- Curiosity makes you smarter
- What Health Hacks Everyone Should Know
- Which business has a lot of leeway in India?
- Why has blasphemy been decriminalized
- Who is Ratan Tata
- What causes white spots on my head
- You can share photos from Incredible India
- Why do Indians eat paan after lunch
- How do fairy tales affect society?
- How does the US government define God
- The Australian Aborigines had surnames
- Which language has the fewest loan words?
- What is the Associated Press doing
- How did Iran get its name
- How's the year round weather in Sydney
- What makes an idea unique
- Ship to AliExpress in mainland China
- Should we hate Korean dramas
- What is the best airliner
- Is it a failure to be a people lover?
- Moderate Quora Muslims condemn Shariya
- Why was the British Raj founded
- Is Bollywood popular in South Korea today
- What are the weaknesses of the change
- Why should I visit Kaenguru Island
- How do the Japanese treat American tourists
- What does 213 mean on a ring
- What is your opinion on Renault cars
- How do lunar eclipses arise
- How to Download Embedded Wistia Videos
- Do people actually worship the devil
- What is a greater feeling than love